Monday 25 March 2013

Shakira The Smallholder Sheepdog Vegetable Grower?

"Football is better than weeding!"

That's a picture of our Shakira playing football on my vegetable plot.  The old carpet is mulching some weeds before I plant some leeks there.  We have just spent FORTY flipping Euros for 2 dog licenses this morn.  Apparently it pays for dog wardens and homes for stray animals.  Don't think you need a dog license in the UK any more, do you?  Think it used to be 37p or seven shillings and sixpence or something?  

I had to laugh when I Googled 'Irish dog licenses' today.  It said you can have a 'lifetime' license for 140 Euros.  Is that for the dog or me?

It reminds me of that brilliant Python 'fish license' sketch, way back when we could laugh and joke.  I wish there was an Open University degree in British comedy.  What's your favourite comedy show?




2 comments:

  1. I never knew you had to have a dog licence in Ireland.....
    Bring back the licence in the uk.....that's what I say...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John, Yes you also have to have a dog licence in northern Ireland. I agree with you that every dog owner should pay for a licence. It pays for dog wardens, neutering and spaying and dog homes.

    ReplyDelete

They Taste The Same.

 According to Professor Google 22 billion Pounds is spent on bread and cereal in the UK (not forgetting England) every year. So what do you ...